To put it simply, Android TV is intended to bring the kinds of things you like on your phone to your TV. This doesn’t imply that you’ll be making calls or reading emails on your TV; rather, it refers to easy engagement, accessibility to entertainment, and simplicity of navigation. It’s about giving your TV a smart makeover with a recognizable and user-friendly interface.
Because Google Assistant is integrated, Android Tvs allows voice control and enables you access to other devices, like your Android phone and WearOS watch. Without a complicated menu system, the card-based interface works in a familiar manner, making it simpler to accomplish your goals.
The possibility exists for Android app developers to optimize their applications for the experience on a wide screen, and there are many essential entertainment apps already accessible. Anything from weather information services to games might fall under this category. You can rapidly tailor the content of your TV using Android TV.
It offers a clear benefit to a TV manufacturer: why create your own smart TV platform when Google has already done it? When the community will be creating applications for Android TV, why create your own? Why maintain a separate app store when Android TV already has Google Play? For Google, it delivers a clear benefit as well: it puts Android on the large screen in your home and gives it another way to provide its information to you.
📚Table Of Contents
Advantages of Android Tv
- Vast app library.
- Access to Google Play app store.
- Watch Live TV Shows without Set Top Box, Cable or Dish TV.
- No need for Amazon Firestick, Chromecast, Mi Android Box, etc.
- Freedom to install third-party apps, thus opening the device to a world of possibilities
Disadvantages of android tvs
- Unlike Smart TV, Android TV takes time to boot up like a computer whenever it is turned on.
- Android TV can sometimes feel slower than Smart TV because the operating system is similar to that of Android Phones and has to do a lot of work behind the scenes.
Which Is Better Smart TV or Android TV?
- You could get a Smart TV or an Android TV depending on your preference and budget. Both have their benefits, but they also have their disadvantages
- Android TV is way better than Smart TV because of the Google ecosystem, but it might take you some time to get used to it. The next section will help you make a decision which one suits you better.